It might seem like it’s a bit strange to start off this course with the lesson, “Your Private Practice Is A Business.” Isn’t that a bit obvious?
I found that even though most counselors know that their private practice is a business, starting out, they don’t yet know what that means. I certainly didn’t know it when I began, and I had a rough time because of it!
In this video lesson, we’ll explore:
- Why it matters to understand the idea that “private practice is a business.”
- The push & pull between the roles of a businessperson and a therapist.
- How to treat your business like a business.
- What actions you might be taking that diminish your business, without even realizing it.
- What makes a business successful and fulfilling.