Recommended Private Practice Tools
Look for the word FREE to designate links that have FREE versions available. The word HIPAA designates links that may help you comply with HIPAA regulations!
- Brighter Vision: They build therapist websites that ROCK. Use PROMO CODE STEPHANIE to get one month free!
- BlueHost.com: Professional website hosting.
- Yoast SEO Plugin. Best. SEO. Plugin. Ever. FREE, but you must have a WordPress-based site to utilize.
Graphic Design/Logo Creation
- Fiverr.com. High-quality logos in .png, .jpg format for $5-$25. (Some charge a premium for high-res files but usually not more than $40.)
- Pixabay.com. Actually FREE stock photos. Awesome.
- Free Stock Photos. FREE stock photos of decent quality, mixed in with a lot of ads for paid stock photos, so just make sure you know what you’re clicking on. Read user agreement (on pages with photos) to determine ability to use.
- Big Stock Photo. The photo site I used to purchase the photo for my book cover, as a bit of trivia! Paid photos that are royalty-free (meaning you can use them without paying a per-use fee) and weekly FREE images if you remember to download them!
- Canva. High-quality, affordable stock photos. I have purchased several of their images for counseling flyers and Facebook Ad designs! I recommend their photos and their design tools.
- No B.S. Marketing To The Affluent by Dan Kennedy.
- Marketing for the Mental Health Professional by David P. Diana.
- Google Hangout: FREE videoconferencing app.
- Google Voice: FREE phone calls, voicemail and text through your Google Account. ($10 for a dedicated number, usually.)
- eVoice.com Business phone numbers, fax lines, and toll-free numbers.
- Free Fax from Fax Zero. Limited pages with advertisements on cover sheets. Useful if you primarily fax insurance companies, billing services that work for you, less advisable for referral sources because of risk of looking cheap. FREE
- Southern Sandtray Therapy. Start out with a free webinar or take the free quiz, “Is Sandtray Training Right For You?“
- Therapy-At-Home Workbooks. The Premarital Counseling Workbook For Couples
- Therapy-At-Home Workbooks. The Marriage Refresher Course Workbook For Couples
- Therapy-At-Home Workbooks. The Premarital Counseling Workbook For Couples (Spanish Language Version)
- LuxSci HIPAA-compliant email, email marketing, secure web forms and pdfs. It’s an email marketing system that’s comparable with many of the other resources out there in terms of flexibility and function, but HIPAA-compliant. As an added benefit is that they can make your email look “normal” to your clients without violating HIPAA. Check it out. If you’ve never done email marketing before, you will need to prepare for a learning curve, but the staff is more than willing to help you with that.
- GetResponse – it’s called the “World’s Easiest Email Marketing System” and I’m inclined to agree!
- For a free option that has less functionality but is nonetheless good to start out with, try MailChimp.
- Allceus.com. UNLIMITED CEUs for $99/year!
- Vistaprint.com. Business cards, brochures, and more. (Link offers you a $10 off coupon!)
- Dropbox.com: Both FREE and paid cloud-based storage. Great to share files with business contacts.
- Google Drive: FREE cloud-based storage linked to your Google Account.
- Hootsuite.com. Manage, schedule, and measure all your social networks in one simple dashboard. Both FREE and paid versions.
- Step-By-Step Twitter Training. Membership training university for all things Twitter! (Takes a sec to load the link.)
- Pinfluence: The Complete Guide To Marketing Your Business With Pinterest. Beth Hayden.
- Counsol.com: Online Counseling solutions and practice management. Now offering credit card processing, EHR submission coming soon! HIPAA
- Square.com: 2.75% per swipe, no monthly fee. 3.5% plus 15 cents per manually entered transaction. Free card reader.
- Stripe.com: 2.9% plus .30 per “successful charge.” Integrates with CounSol (see above.)
- Paypal.com: Online payment processing, credit card reader available for in-store sales. Similar per-swipe or per-transaction fees.
- Google Wallet: Shop and send money, save gift cards and special offers on your phone.
- TigerText: Private text-messaging that automatically self-destructs. HIPAA
- Evernote: Organization & Note-Taking App. FREE and paid.
Please note. Some of these links I gain a benefit from for referring you to them (“affiliate” links). I only recommend things I genuinely think will benefit you, but if the benefit to me is uncomfortable for you, please feel free to reach these websites by an outside search.